“Art is a language that speaks through all social barriers. “
“Art for All” is an in-house initiative by SRISTI, taking a step further in embracing one of its own fundamental philosophies of co-creation for their 15th Sattvik Traditional Food Festival.
Sattvik, primarily began as a festival to promote conservation of agro-biodiversity and creation of demand for nutritional crops, which are rarely or less cultivated now. With time it transformed into a culturally diverse program that hosts a variety of events-
- Farmers’ fair of organic and eco-friendly agro-products.
- Competitions highlighting children’s creativity and biodiversity knowledge.
- Exhibition of Grassroots Innovations.
- Crafts, Pottery, Folk Dance and Songs.
Samvedana(empathy) to Srijansheelta (creativity)
We at SRISTI firmly believe in utilizing the power of “empathy” to source a chain reaction of events eventually creating an impact or leading into a solution to local problem.
Similarly “Art for All” helps establish a clear relation between the artist, the art and the viewer. The artist relates and empathizes with a problem he/she/they want to address, employing their creativity to create an impactful experience through their artwork; and the viewers engage through reflecting on it.
- The material to be put to use can be as abstract and unconventional as your art installation.
- The participants could be a group or an individual.
- The installation will be displayed for a period of three days during the Sattvik Food Festival.